ActionAid International ("AAI," "ActionAid", “the Federation”, "We", "Us", "Our") understands and values the importance of individual privacy. At ActionAid We are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of Our donors, sponsors, campaigners, supporters and website visitors ("You", "Your").
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) covers Your use of the AAI Website (the “Website”) provided by ActionAid International. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform You of Our commitment to protecting Your privacy and making it clear how We may use Your information. By continuing to access the Website You are deemed to accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Do we collect any of your personal information?
When connecting to any website on the Internet Your IP address may be visible and could be tracked by the Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) or external hosting partners. Although this information may be captured by Our website, this information is not used in any form by ActionAid or its partners.
When You are using Our website, We may collect limited automatic information using “cookies” which are strictly necessary for the functionality of the Website and which allow Us to improve its effectiveness.
Do we disclose your personal information?
No. We do not collect any of Your personal information in order to provide You with the Website, and therefore We do not pass your personal information on to third parties. Our Website is purely a portal to inform You about AAI's activity.
Cookies and web beacons
We may collect limited automatic information using “cookies” which are strictly necessary for the functionality of the Website and which allow Us to improve its effectiveness.
Links to external websites
Our Website contains links and/or references to other websites to which this Privacy Statement does not apply. These links may be to individual websites of AAI members, or may be operated by external third parties.
Changes to this privacy statement
ActionAid reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. We recommend that you review it periodically.
How to contact us
Should You have questions about this Privacy Statement or ActionAid's collection of information, use and disclosure practices, please contact Us at the following address:
Postnet Suite 248 Private Bag X31 Saxonwold 2132 Johannesburg South Africa Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to requests, questions or concerns You may have regarding Our Privacy Practices. Except where required by law, ActionAid International cannot ensure a response to questions or comments regarding topics unrelated to this Privacy Statement or ActionAid International's privacy practices.
What are cookies, web beacons and flash cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of information stored in files within Your computer's browser. Websites can only access the cookies that they have stored on Your computer.
Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages that can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit that Web page, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing that page. You can learn more about web beacons at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/web-beacons/.
Which cookies does ActionAid International use?
Google Analytics Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the Actionaid.org site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
See an overview of privacy at Google.
No data is collected with or through this cookie.
How to disable cookies?
You can disable cookies containing the name "ActionAid" by following the instructions below:
If You are using the Internet Explorer browser:
- In Internet Explorer, click on the "Tools" menu, and select "Internet Options".
- In the "General" tab, under "Navigation history", click on "Settings".
- Click on "Display files".
- Click on the column header "Name" to sort all files in alphabetical order, then skim through the list until You see files beginning with the prefix "Cookie". (All cookies have this prefix and usually display the name of the website that created the cookies).
- Select the cookie(s) containing the name "ActionAid" and delete them.
- Close the window containing the list of files, then click twice on "OK" to return to Internet Explorer.
If You are using the Firefox browser:
- In the "Tools" menu, select "Options".
- Select "Privacy" and click on "Display cookies".
- Locate and select the cookie(s) containing the name "ActionAid" and delete them.
If You are using the Safari browser:
- In Your browser select the menu "Preferences".
- Click on "Security".
- Click on "Display cookies".
- Select the cookies containing the name "ActionAid" and click on "Delete" or "Delete all".
- After deleting the cookies, click on "End".
If You are using the Google Chrome browser:
- Click on the "Tools" menu icon.
- Select "Options".
- Click on the "Advance options" tab and access the "Privacy" section.
- Click on "Display cookies".
- Locate and select files containing the name "ActionAid" and delete them.
- Click on "Close" to go back to Your browser.
Last updated: 02-04-2019